The Malta Valley, also called the valley of the “falling waters”, invites hiking enthusiasts to hike together. The mountaineering village of Malta forms the eastern gateway to the Hohe Tauern National Park.
A unique cultural and natural landscape awaits visitors around the “Tauern Queen” Hochalmspitze.
Guided by our National Park Rangers, we offer a guided hiking programme to the peaks, the “Arlscharte” (2326m) in the rear Maltatal and to the “Winterleitenkopf” in the Gößgraben (2518m).
Programme13.9.2023 – 16.9.2023
|Hike to the Arlscharte at 2326 m – Hinteres Maltatal|
Requirements: Moderate to difficult tour, surefootedness, good physical condition required
Start: 8.00 a.m.
Meeting point: Faller Hütte car park
Duration: 4 hours (depending on walking speed)
Distance: 7 km
Difference in altitude: 400 hm
|Hike Winterleitenkopf at 2518 m in Gößgraben|
Requirements: Moderately difficult hike
Start: 8.00 a.m.
Meeting point: Malta car park under the municipal office
Duration: 5 hours (depending on walking speed)
Distance: 9 km
Difference in altitude: 879 hm
Information & Booking
The guided tours and the organised shuttle service to the tours are free of charge for the participants.
The small print
The programme points can be exchanged if necessary due to weather conditions and planning.
- The minimum number of participants per programme item is 10.
- The Malta Tourist Board reserves the right to cancel the package tour if the number of participants is too low up to 4 weeks before arrival.
- Sturdy footwear (ankle-high hiking boots) with non-slip tread soles, weatherproof clothing, rucksack with sufficient drinks and snacks, headgear and sun protection.
- A shuttle service will be provided for the journey to the Gößgraben and the Kölnbreinsperre.
- The toll for the Kölnbreinsperre will be charged extra per person.